[Draft] Oral History of Davlos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Omerta Syndicate Forum Index -> Library and Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davlos
Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: [Draft] Oral History of Davlos Reply with quote

(Toying around with something that floated onto my head. WTB feedback)

Choice wasnít part of my life.

Nor was it for any of my brothers or sisters either, Davlos chuckles, if you may call them that.

The records say that I first opened my eyes at a Hyasyoda vat, part of the Repopulation Programme. The State had the lowest population of the four legitimate nations, and as a legitimate economic concern, albeit without much for the social facet, the Programme was started.

No mother to squeal for nor grapple upon her breast, I was sent to one of the State-funded orphanages, where I came to meet more of us.

Ate with them. Slept with them. Fought with them. Lived with them.

It didnít last long, though. I suppose some CEO at the CEP saw the social implications of the programme nearly a century too late, and started the Tube Child Guardian Scheme.

Tube Children. Thatís what they called us.

I was five then, when the orphanage officials brought me to see my prospective guardians. I had no name then, just a number to respond to when called for mealtimes and disciplinary action. No enthusiasm. No hope. I just couldnít care less. Life wasÖ life. Family was an alien concept to us. The Scheme sought to introduce it.

It didnít.

They looked upon me like some hunk of meat for sale, nodded their approval and took my name from a State-approved list. Davlos Cain. Heh. Nothing fancy nor meaningful.

In the end, it was all a joke. You see, the CEOs of those megacorporations see nothing but the bottom line, which meant that all the Scheme offered in return of guardianship of one Tube Child or more were financial incentives. The tax breaks were huge, and my foster parents were then looking for an easy way out for an easier life.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

You don't really see anyone doing the tube-child thing up right. Usually it's just "I r a tube child, I r teh ultimate soldier, grrrrrrrr, die, Gallente scum!". It looks like you've got a good start on what it might actually be like to be one, and the motivations surrounding them.

Retired blaster slut and current Beagle hustler
Horatio Cain
Caracal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a story about Horatio as a runny nosed Tube Child orphan in The State awhile back. It's actually my favorite of the stories I wrote but it didn't get alot of reads. I posted it on Chatsubo too, heres the link to the post in the EVE-O Library.

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=289811

I don't know if you remember Shin, but you were there for Horatio's memorial of his friend from the Orphanage. Smile

I like Dav's story too, very similar and the adoption angle is nice! His 'parents' were looking for a tax break! Very pragmatic, and very Caldari.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I remember that story, that was really good!

I don't remember the memorial, though. Mind like a steel sieve & all that... Wink

Retired blaster slut and current Beagle hustler
Mebrithiel Ju'wien
Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I read that story - it truly blew me away. I must have been in a rush though to not have replied to it Sad It was exactly how I imagined Tube children to be. Like Oliver or something.

"But here is the smell of the blood still and all the perfumes of Khanid will not sweeten this little rose"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Omerta Syndicate Forum Index -> Library and Gallery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: