An alternative future...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Omerta Syndicate Forum Index -> Library and Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ysabelle
Bantam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: An alternative future... Reply with quote

the devs will probably never do anything like this, the plot twist here is a bit audacious for their taste I think. But it'd be fun if it happened Smile

Quote:
squishy says:
you know what I think would be far cooler than all the empires picking up their old wars?
Kosh™ says:
what's that?
squishy says:
see that news item about the intaki marrying a caldari?
Kosh™ says:
yeah
squishy says:
I think Gallente Nationalists should murder her to demonstrate their contempt for the Caldari split from the federation
Kosh™ says:
hell, why not?
squishy says:
and then the Intaki spiritual dude should get -really- pissed off and do a Gandhi - get his people to peacefully split from the Federation too
squishy says:
only Mentas Blaque being a hardliner, tries to force them not to
squishy says:
and then you have a Gallente civil war while the State looks on in amusement.
Kosh™ says:
lol
squishy says:
and quietly funds the Intakis
squishy says:
you like?
squishy says:
I can see that scenario turning the liberalist Gallente society slowly into a fascist dictatorship
Kosh™ says:
mayhem?
Kosh™ says:
yeah alright
squishy says:
a la V for Vendetta style
squishy says:
or 1984 if you've seen it
squishy says:
read*
Kosh™ says:
long time ago
squishy says:
heh
squishy says:
well the Minmatar immigrant population will watch the intakis slowly being demonized - and thus start to empathize with them
Kosh™ says:
lol
squishy says:
when the Matari people begin openly participating in the resistance and the Gallente get pushed back, the Gallente appeal to the Ammarians to help stem the tide - and return will hand over any Matari prisoners to them
squishy says:
the Caldari's financial support gets exposed and the Amarr accuse them of collaborating with the Matari and start closing deals and channels
squishy says:
finally the Caldari recognise what an incredible labour source the matari refugees are and take them in in their millions to multiply their production, giving many of them vastly increased technical skills in the process
squishy says:
and so the balance turns
squishy says:
like my idea?
Kosh™ says:
yarr
squishy says:
eventually you end up with a Gallente police state that's heavily obliged to the Amarrian navy
squishy says:
and a vast sea of Matari immigrant workers providing the Caldari war machine with huge output, and all the while generating billions of ISK in wages which they then share with their families and tribes back in Matari space
squishy says:
then additionally, with the power vacancy of the Amarrian throne, the Khanid decide that their Amarrian cousins are more of a hindrance than a help and declare themselves totally independant
squishy says:
Gallente space becomes a black market heaven with huge amounts of cash to be made smuggling prohibited goods
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Omerta Syndicate Forum Index -> Library and Gallery All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: